Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
RESCUE - REHAB - REHOME - RETIRE
Donate, Sponsor, Adopt, Volunteer, Share
Sometimes we rescue horses, sometimes we rescue people!
Our goal is to bring peace and calm into the middle of chaos for incoming horses!
HOW YOU CAN HELP!!!
Our mission is to re-home and rehabilitate horses in Kentucky. Our team is composed of dedicated horse and animal lovers and we would love for you to join us. We understand that life changes so we work hard with owners to provide a peaceful transfer and guarantee that their animals will have a loving home for years to come.
We cannot do this without your help. As you go through our site, there are multiple ways you can help ensure that every horse has a home. Please consider: donating money or horse supplies; adopting, dedicated donations, or fostering one of our lovely equines, or volunteering your time at our farm in Lexington, KY. If you can't do any of those things, please like us on Facebook and share our story with family and friends. We need your help to guarantee these majestic creatures loving homes!
Without your help and donations, the Rescue Team could not continue to operate. We need your help to get these horses up-to-date on shots and medications, as well as farrier and dental care. Some of these horses are neglected and starving for food and attention.
- Make a financial donation. You can donate by credit card through McConathy Farm's PayPal account by clicking the Donate button below. You can also mail a check or money order to the rescue: McConathy Farm Rescue Team, 5032 Whites Lane Lexington, KY 40515. McConathy Farm is an IRS 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible. We will provide a tax deductible receipt for donations of items or money.
- Adopt a horse from our program. To view horses that are available for adoption click here. For more information on a specific horse, or questions about the adoption process, please email us or contact us on our Facebook Page.
- Volunteer. Whether you are an experienced with horses or not there is always a way you can help at the rescue. (on hold due to COVID19)
- Donate feed or supplies. See below for a list of items needed at the rescue.
- Promote Awareness! Share our Facebook and Instagram posts!
ITEMS YOU CAN DONATE
RURAL KING BASIC FEED
PURINA SENIOR FEED
DEDICATED CHECK FOR
SQARE BALE $7
ROUND BALE $45
VET BILL $50
(PULLING WEEDS, PLANTING, PRUNING)
WATER TANK CLEANING
WATER BUCKET CLEANING
CLEANING BARN AISLE
BLOWING GRASS OFF DRIVEWAY
EMPTYING GARBAGE CANS
ROCK COLLECTING FROM ARENA
RESETTING JUMPS AND BARRELS
TRASH PICK UP FROM ROAD AND PASTURES
AFTER TRAINING & WITH ASSISTANCE
FILLING WATER BUCKETS IN STALLS
SETTING UP STALLS WITH HAY/GRAIN
MOWING WITH TRACTOR AND BUSHHOG
DRAGGING FIELDS WITH 4 WHEELER
DRAGGING FIELDS WITH TRACTOR
ACCOMPANYING ANIMALS ON PARADES AND EVENTS AND VISITS
CATCHING AND HOLDING ANIMALS FOR VET OR FARRIER
ACCOMPANYING US ON RESCUE PICK UPS
TENDING TO SICK OR NEGLECTED ANIMALS
MAKING COPIES OF CONTRACTS FOR FILES
ASSISTING WITH SHOPPING FOR SUPPLIES/GRAIN/SHAVINGS, ETC.
ASSIST WITH MERCHANDISE DESIGN, ORDERING, ETC.
THANK YOU CARD WRITER
TAX RECEIPT MAILING
ASSIST WITH FACEBOOK POSTS
ASSIST WITH INSTAGRAM POSTS
ASSIST WITH LINKED IN POSTS
ASSIST WITH WEBSITE STORIES
PHOTOGRAPHS OF RESCUES
WRITE STORIES OF RESCUES
YOU TUBE CHANNEL ADMINISTRATION
We will need help in all areas including but not limited to:
COLLECTING ITEMS FOR SILENT AUCTION
MAKING UP BASKETS
SHARING ANNOUNCEMENTS/POSTS ABOUT THE BENEFIT
DRIVERS FOR EVENTS
RIDERS FOR THE SHOW
EMCEE FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS
BAKE SALE HELPERS
ANIMAL HANDLERS FOR THE SHOW
TABLE/TENT SET UP
TABLE/TENT TAKE DOWN
Did you know? Farrier work is done on each rescue that comes in every 4 to 6 weeks at a cost of $30 - $70 depending on whether they need special work or shoes!!! This is "River" and she was a little long.
No foot, no horse !!!
Did you know dental work is an important part of a horse's care? Especially younger ones with wolf teeth and older horses that need their teeth floated (filed) so they can chew their food properly and not spill it!!! The grooves in a horses teeth help determine their age!!
Did you know we provide these treatments for all our rescues and personal horses? Shots twice a year and Coggins once yearly!! Thanks to sponsors who help with the vet costs!!